Food For Thought
Get your free copy of the 5 Track Plan here to have it sent to you TODAY
Understanding Why You Are Doing These Protocols Is Vital
When you embark on your journey to heal cancer, your life changes forever. Our Health Programs are aimed at activating your immune system, getting rid of nutritional deficiencies, and cleaning the body systems. Your body relies on you to give it the necessary nutrition and care. It is a committed undertaking and lifelong responsibility.
Cleaning out what is living and sitting in your gut and ensuring that the bacteria which belong there (about 1.5kg in the bowel is bacteria crucial for our lives – “pro-biotic” means “for life”) is the best start to empower your body and then requires on-going maintenance.
Remember there is a gut-brain axis that is a direct link between the brain and the gut, this link is what we would be cleaning and restoring… The gut remains a very dynamic area throughout life and is of the most dynamic places causing disease. This is also a dumping ground when the body detoxes, which also causes the environment to be under constant duress and need for maintenance.
Excessive exposure to toxins,,nutritional deficiencies and immune dysfunction contribute to dis-ease, just as dehydration and unhappiness contributes to the un-wellness of the body. That is why we make sure our diet is rich in raw and fibre-rich foods to supply enzymes, probiotic formation and support and anti-oxidants to our magnificent body, thus rectifying deficiencies and cleaning out the body system, whilst improving the overall well-being that allows repair and restoration. Enzymes are not simply catalysts that make digestion and all metabolic processes work; they are living proteins that direct the life force into our basic bio-chemical and metabolic processes. If you understand that, then our health program will be a simple task to tackle.
Clearing your gut from what is in it is the logical way to start getting it back to balance. Be consistent thereafter to replenish and sustain the probiotic supply to your gut daily. It is of great significance.
Bacteria do the bulk of the work in our gut. You get unwell when this beneficial bacterium is not there or is out of balance. A variety of natural probiotic types daily (not from capsules or bottles in health shops – they cost a lot of money and don’t provide at all what you are hoping for). The main recommendation as a sustainable probiotic is sauerkraut (you can make it yourself, no shop required) as nothing else on the market matches its efficacy, but you can also use goat yoghurt/kefir/kombucha/kimchi/ sheep/goat cottage or cream cheese as some additional varieties of recommended probiotics to alternate and use what is most soothing at different times). Make sure that you check with your DBM Physician if goat/sheep products are permitted on your program though!!!
Monitoring the state of your bowel (changes to the stool, gas levels, and comfort) remains important to continue monitoring the progress of improvement.
Cleansing and wholesome foods remain a functional way of life.
If the digestive tract is not well balanced with enzymes and friendly bacteria for vitamin and mineral absorption, as well as have the correct pH and acids at different sections of digestive tract, then many of the other repair and rebuilding processes cannot take place as the building blocks for the constructions never arrive.
We will systematically treat any infections or overgrowth of bugs. Parasites, small bowel bacteria, and yeasts can all inhibit proper gut function – the removal of these bugs, parasite and yeasts is vital to gut health.
The first approach to rebalancing the gut and ensuring that the debris released from the liver does not lodge in the colon and to stop faecal matter from being reabsorbed and re-cleaned, is the parasite cleanse on this website. This cleanse, whilst intense is relatively easy and is a requirement of beginning any of our programs. The parasite cleanse should be repeated after 28-day days and thereafter, 6-monthly.
Gut bacteria, mycoplasmas, candida and parasites also lead to hormonal, mucus and blood changes. They directly affect iron levels, thus impacting upon energy levels, brain function, moods (depression), nutritional deficiencies due to lack of uptake and synthesis, and much, much more. Therefore, the most logical and practical place to start restoring the balance in your body is by clearing the tube between mouth and rectum and gently restoring the organisms that belong there that get killed daily with medication (look at the side effects of all your medication and see on how many the first place of side-effect and irritation is normally the gut), municipal waters, pesticides, antibiotics, artificial chemicals, additives. Throw in some sugar and disaster is being brewed. Add to that life stress which takes flow of blood to arms and legs for running away or fighting rather than gut digestion and healing and we are brought to disease quickly.
Symptoms are normal when the toxicity and deficiencies are not dealt with and get worse, when the cause is not addressed. So, the deficiencies become more because the gut bacteria are not there to transcribe your nutrients in the first place, nor is the bacteria being put back to do the work either. The use of pharmaceuticals that kill gut bacteria daily, the medication is also preventing the problem from being resolved.
Another Solution: by consistently daily replacing friendly bacteria from a variety of sources back into your gut and by ensuring a good clean healthy, whole food plant based diet, balanced with inclusion of raw foods, the digestive tract can be a much cleaner, friendlier, healthier, happier place quickly.
Replenish your digestive enzymes. When you don’t have enough digestive enzymes in your gut, you cannot properly convert the foods you eat into the raw materials necessary to run your body and brain. Raw organic food and juicing is rich in digestive enzymes.
Rebuild and maintain your rain forest of friendly bacteria for life – you constantly change that internal environment by what you put in at the top, so bacteria must be supplied that can help rather than challenge the body.
What is highly recommended to ensure good lymph-flow and to assist the body with the removal of toxins is dry brushing and if possible rebounding. If a “rebounder” is not available, gentle - brisk walking is a good substitute (whatever you are able to do), but must be done for at least 10-20 minutes daily. Other gentle exercises such as swimming, tai chi or yoga will get the lymph moving.
Medical researchers have found that a high-fat, high-sugar diet, combined with environmental pollutants and stress, can lead to a build-up of toxins in the body collectively known as chronic degenerative disease. On this website, we address this build-up by informing you of the dangers of foods that have been genetically modified, treated with pesticides, microwaved, and irradiated—and we present an alternative diet of whole, natural, organic, and often raw foods that can reverse chronic disease and restore vitality.
Other important aspects of regaining balance are as follows:
Healing begins in your spirit - between your ears and in your heart. Deal with your emotions of fear, anger, panic, depression and come out with optimism, hope and a fighting spirit. Establish not only what you are eating, but specifically also what is eating you. Find the cause of your cancer. Be honest with yourself and keep looking for the answers.
The mind plays a very powerful role in turning the immune system on & off. Positive emotions generate endorphins which boost the immune function. Laughter is a powerful healer. Adopt a lifestyle on a daily basis that supports this process toward a healthy body.
REMEMBER: Every cell in your body is eavesdropping on your thoughts. Make those thoughts GOOD ones.
Diet and Lifestyle
To beat cancer, or any other chronic health imbalance, bring your body beyond surviving into thriving again. Being well-nourished feeds your defences and your immune system. Eat all the colourful veggies, deep colours are better than pale colours. Eating raw as often as possible is best. Educate yourself, question everything about why you take which medications and what the side-effects on your body are; research what you eat & drink, the onus rests on you, your body and health stay your responsibility. IT IS YOUR LIFE!
|REMEMBER: Stress and depression can cripple immune function|
Sugar, Dairy Products and Meat Feed Cancer. Avoid It.
- Did you know that 40% of deaths of patients with cancer are due to malnutrition (a wasting condition known as cachexia)? So, don’t be digging your grave with your teeth or ignorance.
- Weekly organic Coffee enemas, parsley and green teas are highly effective ways to help detoxify your body.
- Cancer cells are a constant process in the human body. The immune system consisting of 20 trillion cells have to keep them in check, so keep supporting your immune and realise that nutrition regulates your immune system. Include fresh ginger and chillis (the latter in moderation) in your diet.
Whole food is the raw material to beat cancer
- If a food will not rot or sprout, then throw it out
- You want foods in its natural state – unprocessed!
- Follow a diet that is rich in fresh and mostly raw fruit and veggies. Our Daily Nutrition page will guide you. If you are not a "fan" of raw veggies - an easy way to ensure that you put enough "raw" into your diet is to incorporate a salad at EACH meal. and at least one smoothie and/or freshly squeezed juice daily. Another tip is to include a RAW soup daily at one of your meals. Some Raw soups can be WARMED slightly, so they can be eaten in winter as well. Our Supportive Soups page has some delicious raw soup recipes - don't be afraid to try them out they truly are delicious.
To find more information on how DBM approach eating healthy, go to our Daily Nutrition pages. You can also find more information on Eating The DBM Way by visiting our Eat To Live pages, where you can download some food and recipe ideas.
Anti-cancer Food Tips
- Deep colourful vegetables, such as beets, spinach, carrots. Also include the cabbage family such as cabbage & broccoli, & the allium family, which includes onions and garlic. For more information, see: Eat From The Rainbow as well as Eat To Live and WFPB Eating.
- Legumes, beans, sprouts (rich in protease inhibitors, hydrazine sulphate and cleansing activity). See: The Four Food Groups
- Whole grains: oats, brown or wild rice, wheat, buckwheat, barley, rye, Pearl Barley, which is packed with fibre, iron, potassium and folate, a good source of protein, carbohydrate, vitamins and minerals. See: Food For Life: Whole Grains & Cereals
- Cacao: The cacao bean is full of antioxidants, it helps regulate your mood and improve cardiovascular functioning. Mix a few beans with goji berries and raw nuts to decrease the bitterness, a few raw cacao nuts a day will provide you will all the necessary oils you need.
- Fresh cherries and berries (full of anti-cancer agents that encourage apoptosis, self-destruction of cancer cells) See: Food For Life: Eat From The Rainbow
- Probiotics (balancing healthy flora in intestines, to nourish gut and regulate immune system, also wards off depression – this includes sauerkraut, liquid probiotic, grated browned apple). See: Food For LIfe: Pre & Probiotics.
- Green tea (Immune stimulant, protects DNA, antioxidant, inhibits metastasis). See: Supportive Teas and Teas & Tisanes For Healing
- Healthy seasonings, including mustard, curry, cinnamon, turmerichot pepper, garlic, onion, sage, mint. (Anti-cancer and immune stimulating ingredients). See: Food As Medicine – various spices listed there and Therapeutic Foods & Supplements: Spices & Herbs
- Clean water (cleanses the body & helps flow of nutrients into cells and toxins out of cells – ensure there is no chlorine in the water). See: Hydration and Dehydration: on our General Therapies page as well as Foods and Food For Life: Hydration Support page for more information.
Supplements, Vitamins and Minerals
|REMEMBER: supplements are NOT a substitute for meals|
- Take only those Supplements recommended by your DBM Physician, with fresh vegetables, fruit and/or a smoothie for most efficient uptake into your system.
- The DBM Program will rectify gut health, which will enable your body to better absorb nturients from food.
- Ensure a varied and well balanced Whole Food Plant Based Diet into which you include a variety of fruits and vegetables From The Rainbow – should provide your body with the nutrients it needs.
- DBM DO NOT randomly recommend supplements. Each person is evaluated and only then are specific supplements recommended.
- Remove highly processed foods from your diet. To do this, follow our 5-IN-5-OUT Plan
- Use Virgin Olive Oil and Coconut oil to cook with. For more information see: Fats and Omegas: Food For Life.
For more information on Things to remove from your diet, what to eat and replacements for these foods,visit our Nutrition Therapy page.
We have categorised foods so that you are more able to make wise selections when planning your meals.
Oil from flax, hemp, olives and sesame, green leafy veg, broccoli, cabbage, peppers, sprouts, onions, beets, tomato, carrot, asparagus, cauliflower, pumpkin, oranges, apples, pear, berries, kiwi, fig, cherries, apricot, red grapefruit, brewer’s yeast, whole grain: barley, oats, rice, rye, millet, buckwheat, kidney lentil, navy bean, split pea, garlic (good to energise), vinegar, mustard, curry, cinnamon, ginger, green tea, cayenne, kelp.
Coconut oil, radish, celery, zucchini, squash, lettuce, avocado, veg juice, turkey, lamb, eggs, wild game, swordfish, watermelon, grapes, plum, banana, pineapple, papaya, pasta, non-GMO popcorn, walnut, almond, sunflower seed, sesame seed, flax dressing, thyme, sage, black tea
Pickles made with vinegar, salami, sausage, hot dogs (in other words meat and meat products), waffles, pancakes, cake, cookies (in other words refined carbs) ice cream, cheese, dairy (in other words foods made from COW dairy), commercial beef, pork, chicken, preserved and processed foods.
Aspartame, syrup, sugar, MSG, soya, soda and diet cold drinks, pastry, pies, doughnuts, alcohol, smoking. For more information on how best to eat - See: Nutrition For Life: Daily Nutrition, Eat To Live, Food for Life and Food As Medicine for more information.
For more information on what to remove from your diet and what to replace what you have removed, see: 5-In-5_out Program: Daily Nutrition and Foods to Remove From Your Diet: Therapeutic Foods & Supplements – Nutrition Therapy.
Replace sugar (which lowers your immune function, which stimulates yeast overgrowth, which feeds cancer), by small amounts of fresh colourful fruit (i.e. blueberries, apricots, red grapefruit). Use raw honey, applesauce, freshly squeezed fruit juice as acceptable natural sweeteners. Stevia, coconut blossom sugar or agave must be used in moderation
Have your foods broiled, baked, steamed or grilled rather than fried. Use olive, flax, coconut oil (the latter for cooking).
Too much salt causes deficiencies of calcium, magnesium, potassium and fluids. Prepare your food with Himalayan or alternatively sea salt.
Cinnamon, garlic, onion, cayenne, chilli, paprika, rosemary, thyme, sage, cardamom, cloves, oregano, nutmeg, curry, almond, vanilla, cumin, ginger, basil
Detox Detox Detox
Keep helping your body get rid of toxins and debris. Clean your organs. Flush your liver by doing organic coffee enemas at least once per week, daily for patients who have had chemo. Visit our Body Cleansing page to see how we clean and detox the body.
Colourful veggies, beans and nuts like walnuts, almonds, salsa, tomato juice, herbal tea. For more snack ideas see: Eat To Live: Snacks
Things to do to help make life easier:
- When your energy is good, pre-prepare food for a few days in advance.
- Cook large batches of vegetable soups and stews – portion it out and freeze.
- Pressure cook whole grains, brown rice and beans (legumes) for 30 minutes and freeze. Remember to pre-soak them the night before.
- Take frozen packets out the night before and have with fresh veggies, fruit (always before meals) and sprouts (contains life-giving hydrazine sulphate).
- Remember – Do Not Defrost Foods With The Microwave.
- For more time saving ideas see: Eat To Live
Change The Underlying Causes Of Your Cancer or Health Imbalance
|REALISE: Chemo & Radiation DO NOT change the underlying causes to your cancer!|
Underlying causes include:
- Toxic burden – e.g. root canal, mercury fillings, food preservatives, chlorine & fluoride in water
- Environmental factors
- Chronic infections or fungus (yeast, viral, etc)
- Spinal alignment
- Energy alignment
For more information visit the You Should Know pages – they are packed with information.
Change Your Internal Environment and Use Restrained Medical Intervention.
Be with people who have faith, hope, a sense of humor and who encourage you “Crisis” is written in the Eastern languages with signs that mean both: danger and opportunity Cancer is a “danger” to your life. It is also an “opportunity” to change your life into a master piece.
|REMEMBER: Happiness brings endorphins that supercharge your immune system|
Good thoughts and good nutrition stay key to your healing. There is wisdom in all life that knows how to fix disease, just give your body proper physical and metaphysical resources to do its job.
- Feed your mind with good thoughts, beauty, laughter, music, play.
- Feed your heart with love, forgiveness, confidence in your abilities and a sense of purpose.
- Feed your body with good nutrition.
Recognition is given to the nutritional research done by Dr Patrick Quillin
We are obliged to notify you that the information on this website is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. Neither the Editors of Doctors Across Borders NPO t/as Doctors Beyond Medicine, the author(s) nor publisher(s) take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading or following the information contained in this information. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider.