Where Do Estrogens Come From?
Estrone and estradiol in elevated forms lack metal groups. The methylation process is what is called cydochrome p450 level 1 detoxification process that your liver uses to clear away DDT, DDE or any of the pesticides and larvacides that have a high affinity for the reproductive organs, hormones and toxicity in the human body. They required to be methylated by the liver. This process is inhibited in 10-49% of the population. We have been sprayed with so many chemicals that it has corrupted our methylation process. Therefor estrone is not methylated because we are out of the methyl groups.
Steps to Hormonal Balance and Optimal Health
1) The first step is to eliminate the most common sources of xenoestrogens (bad estrogens) that mimic the effects of true estrogen and interact with cellular receptor sites. This process is what contributes to an excess of bad estrogen and blocks the effects of true estrogen.
Most common sources of xenoestrogens include:
- Plastic and canned foods
- Personal care products (make up, lotion and perfumes)
- Oral contraceptives
- Food additives and preservatives
- Styrofoam products
- Laundry and dishwasher detergents
- Household cleaners and air fresheners
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Commercially raised animal products
By choosing more wholefoods, organic produce and organic animal products and replacing your household cleaners and personal care products with more natural options you can avoid massive amounts of xenoestrogens.
2) The second step to shut down the cascade of improper ratio of bad estrogens to good estrogens is to add methyl groups into our diet (best first step to deal with breast, ovarian, testicular, prostate and reproductive dis-eases). Add trimethylglycine (TMG) which is a methylator that you can add to everything as it is odorless and tasteless. Dimethylglycine is also good and both are derived from beets, that is why beet juice is a great methylator. Other good methylators are goji berries and MSM.
3) The third step is to dissolve the bad estrogens. We require to bring down the estrone and estradiol while we bring up the estriol and progesterone and/or testosterone and/or DHEA. The best bad estrogen dissolver is melatonin. Insomnia and the accumulation of bad estrogen are related, so are migranes. Kidney and urinary infections are also related to high levels of estrone. Another excellent bad estrogen dissolver is indole-3-carbinol (ic3) compound isolated which is made out of broccoli and sold as broccoli concentrate. Indole-3-carbinol activates RNA messaging and changes the message coming out of the cell to allow the cell how to understand how to break down and dissolve the bad estrogen molecules. Ic3 is a triptomin, with a very similar structure to serotonin, melatonin and DMT. Eating 4-5 servings a week of cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale and arugula are excellent to avoid the re-absorption of bad estrogens when they have been pushed out of the lympathic system into the colon because they contain Calcium D-glucarate.
4) The next step for optimal hormonal balance and health are natural aroma-taste inhibitors. Aroma-taste enzymes are present in fat tissue and these will turn progesterone into bad estrogen. Passion flower, one of the most important herbs in balancing your hormones stops the aromatization of progesterone into estrogen. Passion flower allows us to hold our androgen sex hormones which are really health hormones, meaning that if we have testosterone, progesterone, DHEA and Vitamin D3 we are not only sexy but we are HEALTHY. That is why passion flower is known for allowing us to hold our womanhood and manhood longer. Combining bee pollen or pine pollen with passion flower is a phenomenal way to increase our sex and health hormones.
Chamomile contains apigenin which helps to hold in the good progesterone and testosterone. Olive oil and resveratrol are also powerful natural aroma-taste inhibitors.
5) The fifth step is to get the good androgens up. One of the best sources to increase the production of Vitamin D3, testosterone and progesterone is sunlight. Just Vitamin D3 alone turns on more than 3,000 genes involved in healing, so getting plenty of sunlight will not only keep you tanned but also vibrantly healthy. When it comes to food sources that get our androgens up the best ones are maca and sweet potatoes. Maca is the great hormone builder. Sweet potatoes and yams are hormone builders and precursors.
Avoid consuming soy products and plastics that contain BPA.
6) The final step is to introduce the herbal hormone helpers. Ginseng is able to direct and amplify the effect of all the other things previously mentioned. Ashwaganda can be taken by both men and women as a herbal hormone support, tulsi is recommended for women only. Other herbs that act as hormone helpers are raspberry leaf and tribulus.
Article Source: BodyMindInstitute