Spiced Pickled Beets
|Make sure all ingredients are cleaned appropriately and is produce that is local and organic|
- 1 quart beets, peeled, quartered and sliced anyway you prefer
- 2% Brine (19 grams of sea salt per 1 quart of water)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cardamom pods
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 12 allspice berries
- 1 'sweet' cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp. dried ginger root or powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, grated fresh if possible
- Warm 1 cup of salt brine enough to dissolve 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar. Let cool to room temp.
- In a 1.5L jar, add all the spices.
- Pack beets in tightly.
- Pour coconut sugar/salt brine over the top and use a wooden spoon to push everything under the brine.
- Seal tightly, don’t forget to add water to the airlock.
- Let set at room temp for about 5-7 days or until bubble activity dies down.
- Remove to cold storage and enjoy!
- These beets just get better with time and will last a good year or so in the fridge.
Throughout our programs, we include the use of IMMUNOClean™ as a vital component towards the success of one’s health. Before beginning any program, be sure you have consulted your DBM Physician / Practitioner.