Soak Oatmeal Before Cooking
Something simple that you can do to increase your nutritional intake…
Why Soak Grains?
For more information on soaking grains download our Advanced Nutrition PDF.
How to Soak Oatmeal
- Combine 1 cup rolled or steel cut oats with 1 cup water with 1 Tbs lemon juice . Do it in the pot you intend to cook in. Make sure it is NOT an aluminium pot.
- The water should be warmer than room temp at the start. You’d need to gently warm it in a kettle or in the pot to 110° F (43.33°C) degrees or so.
- Do not use water directly from the hot water geyser.
- Oats are low in the enzyme phytase, needed to neutralize the phytates, so add a Tablespoon or two (10%) of organic stone ground wheat flour to your oats, too.
- Leave at room temperature 24 hours (or at least 12). You can soak it overnight. but the best for oatmeal is to let it soak for 24 hours.
- Tip: Just get oats soaking for tomorrow’s breakfast as you’re cleaning up today’s, as breakfast will be on your mind.
- Add another cup of clean spring/borehole water water in the morning, bring to a boil and cook a few minutes until thick.
- Buy lemons on sale and freeze juice in 1 Tablespoon-sized portions in ice cube trays or popsicle molds.
- Store in a freezer