Salt, Good or Bad?
Too Much Salt Is as Bad as Too Little
Average person consumes an excessive daily 4-6 grams, some as much as 10 grams – processed table salt is found in almost all processed foods and also added at the table.
Excess Salt depletes body’s cellular water - water molecules must surround the sodium chloride to break them up into sodium and chloride ions in order to help neutralize them. This takes water from your cells. Your body uses 23 times the amount of cell water to neutralize every gram of sodium chloride that your body cannot get rid of. This causes excess fluid in your body tissue, which can contribute to cellulite, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, and kidney / gall bladder stones.
Do Not Consume Regular Table Salt
Processed table salt is an unnatural chemical form of salt - Excessive drying heat (>1200º F / 648.88º C) alters natural chemical structure of the salt. “Chemically cleaned” table salt is 97.5% sodium chloride (devoid of trace minerals) and the other 2.5% is iodine and chemicals E.g. moisture absorbents, such as calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, and aluminium hydroxide. (Aluminium deposits into your brain – potentially a cause of Alzheimer's disease).
Health benefits of natural, unrefined Salt
- Regulates water content throughout the body.
- Promotes healthy pH balance in body’s cells - particularly brain cells.
- Promotes blood sugar balance and help reduce the signs of aging.
- Assists in the generation of hydroelectric energy in body’s cells.
- Absorbs food particles through your intestinal tract.
- Supports respiratory health.
- Promotes sinus health.
- Prevents muscle cramps.
- Promotes bone strength.
- Regulates sleep - it naturally promotes sleep.
- Supports your libido.
- Promotes vascular health.
- Essential for the regulation of blood pressure - in conjunction with water.
Other uses of unrefined salt
Unrefined salt also has health benefits when applied to the body - use a 1% solution (the same concentration as found in tears and amniotic fluid). For comparison, the sea is a 3½% concentration.
- Salt Bath - Use 2¼ pounds (1 kg) in a normal sized tub. Body absorbs minerals through the skin. Also rejuvenates your skin.
- Apply a 1% solution to rashes, insect bites – amazing, simple, effective and cheap remedy; also rejuvenates the skin.