Pancreas Soup #4
Winter Pea and Watercess Soup
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 cups Vegetable Hydration Broth
- 1 large potato
- 850g frozen peas
- 85g watercress
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and crush garlic and set aside. Leaving crushed or minced garlic for at least 5-10 minutes after crushing helps maximize its health-protective effects.
- While health-promoting compounds are forming in crushed garlic, peel and dice potato and chop onion.
- Sweat onion and garlic in 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable hydration broth.
- Add potato chunks and pour in rest of Hydration Broth.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until potato is just cooked.
- Add frozen peas and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add watercress and simmer for another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Process with a hand held blender until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.