Pancreas Soup #3
Curried Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 600g sweet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cups Vegetable Hydration Broth
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and curry powder, and cook about 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add sweet potatoes, onion, ginger, and Vegetable Hydration Broth and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until sweet potatoes are easily pierced with a fork (about 20 to 25 minutes).
- Working in batches, purée soup in a blender or use an immersible hand blender to blend soup until smooth.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve hot.