Pancreas Soup #1
Beet and Carrot Soup
- 3 medium beets, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 pound carrots, diced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 cups Vegetable Hydration Broth as a base
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Sauté onion until golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add beets, carrots, and Vegetable Hydration Broth.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until beets and carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
- In a food processor, purée soup in batches. Taste soup and adjust seasonings.
- Serve hot or cold, garnished with cilantro leaves.