Need Some Inspiration?
Try the following meal suggestions to help combine iron-rich foods with vitamin C:
- Top porridge with ground linseed and raisins, and serve with freshly squeezed home-made orange juice
- Eat a kiwi fruit after a lentil curry
- Add broccoli to your stir-fry
- Add pepper to a bean chilli
- Good sources of iron include lentils, chickpeas, beans, cashew nuts, chia seeds, ground linseed, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, kale, dried apricots, dried figs, raisins, quinoa
- Ensure that your daily diet contains plenty of iron-rich foods
- If you are eating a food rich in iron, add a good source of vitamin C to help your body absorb the iron, such as pepper, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, kiwi fruit, oranges, strawberries, pineapple, grapefruit or orange juice
- Avoid drinking tea or coffee with meals
Quick recipe Idea for oats with Linseed
Start the day the right way with a nutrient packed oaty breakfast - fully of stomach-friendly fibre and great for digestions.
Pop open the recipe alongside: Apple & Linseed Porridge