The immune system is composed of many interdependent cell types that collectively protect the body from bacterial, parasitic, fungal, viral infections and from the growth of tumour cells. Many of these cell types have specialised functions. The cells of the immune system can engulf bacteria, kill parasites or tumour cells, or kill viral-‐infected cells. Often, these cells depend on the T helper subset for activation signals in the form of secretions formally known as cytokines, lymphokines, or more specifically interleukins.
How to Boost your Immune System
The immune system does not work independently of the body – in other words, whatever you subject your body to, or provide your body with will influence the immune system one way or the other.
There are two ways we support the immune system. The core of our Natural Health Program is our UNA3 / IMMUNOClean™ and along with this vital component – we provide the body with support in the way of good wholesome, clean foods that will give the body the tools it needs to ensure the immune system remains functioning optimally.
Ensuring that you avoid processed foods, grains and sugar will go a long way to strengthening your immune system. Selecting nourishing, organic, fresh fruits and vegetables that have immune-boosting nutrients is far more beneficial to your overall health than a handful of supplements.
Avoid stress, as long term production of epinephrine (adrenaline) and cortisol place immense strain on the immune system. Whilst initially it pumps it up – continued duress taxes the immune system. For instance, psychological stress raises the risk for the common cold and other viruses. Less often, chronic stress can promote a hyper-reactive immune system and aggravate conditions such as allergies, asthma and autoimmune disease.
- Exercise – moderate exercise discharges tension and stress and enhances the immune function. A brisk walk ten minutes twice a day, is a good place to start.
- Sufficient sleep is vital, as it is during rest time that growth-promoting and reparative hormones repair the damage of daily life. Sleep deprivation activates the stress response, depresses immune function and elevates inflammatory chemicals which cause you to become ill.
- Live a full and joyous life – research shows that people with social lives enjoy better health and longevity – more so than loners do.
- Avoid cigarettes and alcohol
- Consume friendly bacteria in the form of goat’s yogurt, goat’s kefir, sauerkraut and other naturally fermented raw foods.
- Get enough natural Vitamin D. Vitamin D plays a large role in promoting normal immune function.
The Core of Our Natural Health Program UNA3™ (IMMUNOClean™)
The core of our Natural Health Program is UNA3™ / IMMUNOClean™ is recommended by our team for everyone that begins any of our programs and it’s recommended as part of an on-going maintenance program once your health is in balance.
UNA3™ / IMMUNOClean™ combined with a holistic view of healing is the foundation of all we practice at Doctors Beyond Medicine / Doctors Across Borders, as it is the best most natural and healthy alternative to healing and bringing the body back into balance.
UNA3™ / IMMUNOClean™ is a natural formulation comprising of 12 herbs with a mineral ion is a well-researched. Correctly administered and following protocols that have been tried and tested, is the key to the success of your treatment.
IMMUNOCLEAN has the following functions:
- To sterilise and clean the body
- To kill all viruses and pathogens
- To restart the Krebs cycle
- To encourage and stimulate the myeloperoxidase process
- To detox the body
- To reactivate enzyme production
- To fortify the immune system
- To stimulate the substantia nigra in releasing dopamine
Foods that support immune function
- Fermented foods
- Pre and Probiotics
- Coconuts and Coconut oil
- Locally grown ORGANIC vegetables
- Raspberries and blueberries
- Teas – such as green tea and Echinacea
- Black pepper
- Cinnamon & Honey
For Additional information on IMMUNOClean™ follow this link.
Examples of juices that help boost the immune system:
- Juice Recipe #1: Juice for Immune Boosting
- Juice Recipe #2: Juice for Immune Boosting and Digestive Support
- Juice Recipe #3: Juice for Immune Boosting
- Juice Recipe #4: Juice Shots for Immune Boosting
Of course, following a healthy diet and including some delicious juices into that diet daily WILL improve your immune system as a 'side-effect', the juice recipes above, however are designed to target the immune system for boosting.