Hemp Seed Milk
Hemp seeds are loaded with protein and this hemp seed milk recipe is really basic. Best part is, you don't have to soak the seeds, and so, you can be enjoying a glass of homemade hemp milk in literally minutes!
- 1 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 3 cups filtered, OR spring water
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional for sweeter milk)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (optional for a creamier milk) (see recipe in our dressings, dips, sauces & pastes section)
- Blender or food processor, glass bottle or mason jar
- Put hemp seeds and water in your blender or food processor and start blending at low speed. Quickly accelerate to high speed until all of the seeds are completely smooth and creamy.
- Store in the refrigerator in a glass bottle or mason jar.
- A good ratio of 3 cups of water for every 1 cup of seeds is a good rule of thumb when making hemp seed milk.
- Consume unstrained for the most nutritional benefit.
- Sweeten to taste if desired, and if you want richer milk, add the coconut butter.
- If you would like super smoother hemp milk, strain the milk with a nut bag, fine mesh strainer, cheesecloth or muslin bag. The nut bag will facilitate the smoothest consistency.