Gut Health Soup #4
Red Lentil and Squash Soup
The aromatic spices make this a perfectly gut soothing meal.
- ½ teaspoon each of turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, garam masala
- 2 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2m slice of ginger root, peeled and minced (more if you desire)
- ½ butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1½ cups red lentils, (soaked overnight)
- 5 cups filtered, OR spring water to cover
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat the organic coconut oil and stir in onion, garlic and ginger and cook till softened and just lightly browned.
- Add spices and bay leaf, stirring in.
- Add lentils, squash and stock and stir over high heat until boiling, lower heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Spoon off any froth that rises to the surface.
- When squash is soft and lentils are fully cooked (about 20-25 minutes), remove bay leaf and purée the soup till silky smooth, or leave as-is.
- Serve in soup bowls and enjoy!