Gut Health Broth #2
Vegan Bone Broth
This gut healing broth forms part of the DBM Gut Healing Program as an alternative choice to soup 1.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- ½ jalapeno, sliced (use more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 2-inch chunk of ginger, peeled
- 2 1/2 quarts’ water
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon spirulina
- Combine carrots, celery, ginger, and water in a pot, bring to a boil, and then simmer 45 minutes.
Turn off heat, strain liquid.
- Combine broth with sautéed mushroom mixture, cilantro, spinach, lemon juice, sea salt, and spirulina.
- Allow the carryover heat of your broth to cook the cilantro and spinach.
- Drink 2 cups (250ml) per day (lunch & dinner), for 28 consecutive days, or as recommended by practitioner.