General Health Soup - Raw #15
Raw Zucchini and Pistachios Soup
- 4 cups diced zucchini
- 1 1/3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cloves chopped garlic (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (or more to taste)
- Several shakes black pepper (or cayenne if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup crushed raw pistachios
- In a VitaMix or other high speed blender, process zucchini, peas, celery, avocado, water, lemon juice, garlic, salt, thyme, turmeric and pepper until smooth.
- Pour into 4 bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon of crushed pistachios, fresh thyme and additional fresh ground pepper, if desired.
Notes: Turmeric and its Many Health Benefits
Turmeric is the spice that gives curry its gold color and contains the phytochemical compound, curcumin. It has been used as a powerful medicine in China and India for centuries. Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory properties with no side effects. Although it has been used for numerous ailments from toothaches to rheumatoid arthritis, there has been some exciting research linking turmeric to the prevention of Alzheimer's disease and the ability to inhibit the development of many cancers including pancreatic, colon, prostate, liver, esophageal, and others. Here's an easy and delicious raw soup recipe that includes turmeric.