General Health Soup #5
Easy Baby Marrow Soup
Can be eaten hot or cold.
- 2 – 2.5kg of organic zucchini (peeled)
- 2 tablespoon coconut, olive, walnut or hemp oil
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Organic Leeks or onions (optional)
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Peel the skin off the zucchini.
- If you’re using leeks or onions, then chop them up.
- Steam the zucchini and leeks or onions in a steamer.
- Let them cool a touch.
- Then put them in a blender and add 2 tablespoons of oil and Salt.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. (Just a minute or two)
- Pour it in a bowl.
- Garnish with chopped parsley
Switch it up:
- Alternate with or without leeks /onions for a change – other options are:
- You can add pepper, garlic or any other spice you like for a little variety.
- The zucchini could be combined with a few other vegetables as well, like tomato, broccoli or cauliflower.
- Add some grated goats cheese as you serve (if serving it hot)
- For added creaminess add a dollop of coconut cream when serving