General Health Soup #2
Omega-3 & High in Minerals
Spicy Avocado-Cucumber Soup
This tangy, luscious soup is an excellent make-ahead dish: Simply puree everything except the , then chill. For a milder version, scale back on the serrano.
- 680g cucumber—peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 Hass avocados, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder or leaf masala powder
- 2 teaspoons coconut blossom sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- 1 chili, seeded and chopped
- One ½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, for garnish (when you reintroduce solids)
- 10 cilantro (coriander leaves) sprigs, for garnish (when you reintroduce solids)
- In a food processor, puree the cucumbers until smooth. Add the avocados, curry powder, coconut blossom sugar, lime zest and chili (optional). Process until blended. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, the coconut milk and lime juice and process until smooth. Transfer the soup to a large bowl and season with salt. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, toast the coconut over low heat, stirring a few times, until lightly browned and crisp, 3 minutes. Allow to cool. Ladle the soup into small bowls or cups, garnish with the toasted coconut flakes and cilantro sprigs (when solids reintroduced) and serve.