General Health Salad #6
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
Walnut, Kiwi Salad
This salad is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids. The combination of walnuts and kiwi will give you an awesome boost of these healthy fats that are so important for maintaining proper cell wall structure, brain function, mood stabilisation and hormone balance. It is also super yummy!
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 cups green leafy veggies of choice
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss and enjoy!
- Kiwis are one of the few fruits that contain appreciable levels of omega-3 fatty acids. They are also high in vitamin-C which makes them awesome for your immune system.
- Kiwi is good source of soluble dietary fibre, which identifies it as a good bulk laxative. The fibre content helps to protect the colon mucous membrane by decreasing exposure time to toxins as well as binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the colon.
- Research studies have shown that certain substances in kiwi-fruit functions as a blood thinner similar to aspirin, thus, it helps prevent clot formation inside the blood vessels and protect from stroke and heart-attack risk.
- Kiwi fruit contains very good levels of vitamin-A, vitamin-E, vitamin-K and flavonoid anti-oxidants such as beta-carotene, lutein and xanthine.