General Health Salad #4
Mineral & Vitamin Dense
Strawberry Pistachio Salad
Toss a beautiful salad together and go or serve this with a light lunch and enjoy a combination of flavours loaded with healthy fats and nutrients that support a healthy and vibrant body!
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pistachio nuts
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed hemp oil
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ cup diced organic strawberries
- 2 cups mixed lettuce greens
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Toss the ingredients together in a bowl and dress with the hemp oil and lemon juice. Enjoy!
- Pistachios are rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of antioxidants. Regular consumption of pistachios in the diet helps to lower total as well as bad LDL cholesterol and increases good HDL cholesterol levels within the blood.
- They are rich source of many phyto-chemical substances that may contribute to their overall antioxidant activity, including carotenes, vitamin- E, and polyphenolic antioxidant compounds.
- The nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamine, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates.
- They are the storehouse of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- Pistachio oil extracted from these nuts is one of the healthiest cooking oils. It has pleasant nutty aroma and has excellent emollient properties and helps keep skin well protected from dryness.
- Besides been used in cooking, it also employed as “carrier or base oil” in traditional medicines in massage therapy, aromatherapy, in the pharmaceutical, and cosmetic industry.