General Health Salad #1
Good For General Health & Women's Health
Fiesta Carrot Salad
Have a vegetable party with this fun and citrusy fiesta carrot salad. YUM!
Ingredients - Dressing
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Blender or whisk
Instructions - Dressing
- Blend or whisk together all the dressing ingredients until smooth.
Ingredients - Salad
- 8 medium carrots, julienned, sliced, or sprialised
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
Instructions - Salad
- Place all the veggies in a big bowl, and toss with the dressing. Serve at room temperature, enjoy!
- Limes are particularily good for women’s health. These citrus gems contain calcium and folate, two nutrients that are important for post-menopausal women and women of child-bearing age.
- Limes are anti-carcinogenic. The limonoid compounds in limes have been shown to prevent cancers of the colon, stomach and blood.
- Lime juice can help prevent formation of kidney stones. Lime juice contains more citric acid than orange or grapefruit juice and citric acid is a natural inhibitor of kidney stones made of crystallised calcium.
- The primary flavonoid found in the limes, known as hesperidin, has been shown to lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Lime peels can combat aging skin. The peels of citrus fruits contain an inhibitor of melanin production. With age and UV ray exposure, melanin, which gives skin its pigment, can build up and deposit itself as spots on your skin. Treating skin to a mask with bits of lime peel in it could reduce this hyperpigmentation.