Making fresh raw coconut milk is super easy. You just blend the raw meat and water out of young Thai coconuts.
- 1 cup coconut meat from a young Thai coconut
- 3 cups of raw coconut water from a young Thai coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (optional for a creamier milk) (see recipe in our dressings, dips, sauces & pastes section)
- Blender or food processor, glass bottle or mason jar
- Put coconut meat and coconut water in your blender or food processor and start blending at low speed. Quickly accelerate to high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Store in the refrigerator in a glass bottle or mason jar.
- Opening coconuts takes a bit of practice.
Watch this video to see how to make a quick and easy coconut milk.
The exciting news is that you do not waste the coconut used. For convenience, we are adding the video to make coconut flour from the residue below the coconut milk video, even though it has nothing to do with milk substitutes....
Here's the Coconut Flour Video.
Waste not - Want not!!!