Cashew Nut Butter
Raw Cashew Butter
Rich, creamy, and mild, this nut butter will knock your socks off!
- ½ cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked and dehydrated 1/4 lb
- 1/4 cup unrefined sesame oil, almond or coconut oil (might need a bit more)
- 1 - 2 pitted dates
- 1/2 - 1 tsp sea salt / Himalayan Salt (to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Soak raw cashews 6-8 hours in 1-2 cups filtered water with ½ Tbs. sea salt. Rinse, dehydrate, and proceed.
- Add cashews to Vitamix. Blend until almost a flour.
- Add selected oil - 1 Tbs. at a time until the mixture turns into a butter.
- Remove from Vitamix and store in pantry or fridge in a glass jar with lid such as a mason jar
- Alternately, if you'd like a "crunchy" butter. Add the coconut oil to the cashews at the beginning. Blend until butter.
- You can use a food processor to make cashew butter, however, it will take quite a bit longer.
- The higher the speed of your blender, the quicker you will get the job done!