Candida Home Test
Whilst not considered totally accurate, patients can do this home-test, which provides the DBM Physician/Practitioner valuable insight into their condition.
DBM Protocol – Candida Home Test
Candida begins in the intestinal tract, where it sets up its ongoing production. As time goes by the yeast migrates along the mucous membranes of the digestive tract into the stomach, then up the oesophagus and finally into the mouth. Often, depending on how thick the yeast becomes, it can be seen in the mouth and on the tongue as a white film. The fungal yeast mixes into the saliva and has certain properties (heavier than water) when put into water; and that’s why the saliva test is a reliable, but only a preliminary candida test. Up to 85% of people May Have Candida. DBM uses this home test as a guide to further enhancing your personalised program
- You may try this at home. First thing in the morning, before you put anything in your mouth, fill a clear glass with room temperature bottled water. Work up a bit of saliva and spit into the glass of water. Check the water every 15 minutes or so, for up to an hour. Look out for where the saliva goes.
- Within 1-3 minutes, look in the glass. If there are strings coming down from your saliva, or if the water turned cloudy, or if your saliva sank to the bottom, YOU MAY HAVE A CANDIDA CONCERN!
- Healthy saliva will simply float on the top! (You may want to put out a glass of water in the bathroom or on the nightstand the night before you wish to do the home Candida Saliva test, just to remind yourself not to brush your teeth prior to spitting into the glass.)
Candida Home Test Results
- If it stays on top, it indicates that there is no excessive mucus in your mouth that harbours the Candida.
- If it grows tentacles that hang down towards the bottom, you may have Candida in your gut.
- If it sinks to the bottom, you are likely to suffer from significant Candida overgrowth in your gut.
For more information on Candida follow the link.