Anti-Inflammatory Tea #1
Turmeric, Ginger & Honey
This tea is soothing and detoxifying. Turmeric is a root similar to ginger, but bright orange and yellow in colour. These bright pigments are a powerhouse property called curcumin. Curcumin is a strong anti-inflammatory. Turmeric has been shown to provide relief to those suffering from bowel disorders, arthritis, cystic fibrosis and is thought to have cancer prevention properties.
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- Raw honey to taste
- 1 cup of filtered or spring water
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Splash of almond milk, OR organic coconut milk
- In a small saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Add turmeric and ginger reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in milk and strain tea into a cup. Add honey and enjoy or alternatively add some freshly squeezed lemon juice and enjoy!