Anti-Cancer Soup #1
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large organic potato
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 cups of filtered or spring water or Vegetable Broth
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small bunch sage
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Use 4 cups of water or vegetable broth to boil all ingredients except cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Boil until vegetables are tender. Transfer 3 cups of soup into a blender and blend until creamy .
- Add blended mixture back to pot, adding cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir for a minute and serve.
- Enjoy this delicious cabbage chickpea soup on its own or with a bowl of brown / wild rice and a fresh vegetable salad.