Smoothie Recipe 1: Healing Smoothie Recipe
You must have at least one smoothie per day containing a combination or variety of the following ingredients. This smoothie is part of the daily DBM Health Program
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ glass filtered, OR spring water
- ½ a raw beet
- 1 glass of fresh apple juice – juice yourself
- 1 banana
- 1 raw egg
- 1 teaspoon flaxseed oil
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley
- 1 slice of pineapple, OR
- Paw-paw (with some pips and skin) alternately or both at same time
- 1 tablespoon fresh sprouts
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds or until thoroughly mixed
- Pour into a tall cup, sprinkle with your favourite spices, and enjoy.
This smoothie is very filling and you can enjoy a ¼ to ½ glass quantities several times per day, rather than a large glass at once. You can also freeze the liquid not used immediately in ice trays to preserve its nutritional value and re--use later.
Smoothie Recipe 2: Healing Smoothie Recipe – Jazzed Up
“Jazzed Up” Smoothie
You can add carrot, mango or spanspek into your smoothie too to change the flavours up a bit. Remember it should always taste nice. One can also do a green smoothie to help the haemoglobin and natural iron levels along. Add some apple, banana, broccoli, celery, mint, parsley and spinach for a green smoothie change up.
You can also vary the fruits going into the smoothie and really experiment with what is nice – having beetroot for example will make the smoothie red and a minimum of every second day with beetroot would be great for your liver.
Banana is good for energy and beneficial to have before 11am. Paw-paw and pineapple is good for healing enzymes. Parsley lifts iron and haemoglobin levels.
Smoothie Recipe 3: Daily Gut Healing Smoothie Recipe
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds, soaked for about 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon cold pressed extra-virgin olive oil, OR cold pressed hemp seed oil
- ½ banana, peeled
- ¼ cup filtered, OR spring water
- ¼ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup red cabbage, chopped
- In a blender, blend all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Serving Suggestion
- If you prefer a thinner smoothie, add water as needed.
Serve 125ml and store remaining smoothie in a glass bottle and refrigerate for no more than 24 hours.
General Health Smoothies