|NOTES ON OUR JUICES, SMOOTHIES & SOUPS (raw and cooked)|
- Be sure to wash, rinse and/or soak non-organic fruit and vegetables thoroughly in non-chlorinated water that contains a spoonful of 35% Food Grade hydrogen peroxide, to remove pesticides and chemicals
- If 35% FG HP is not available, visit our "Eat To Live" page - Cleaning Produce - for instructions on how to use vinegar and bicarbonate of soda.
- As a serving suggestion, you may add cold-pressed olive oil, freshly-ground hemp or flaxseeds to your juices and smoothies.
- If juices are not drunk immediately, make sure they are stored correctly in the fridge and drunk as soon as possible.
The Benefits of Juicing
- Juicing helps you absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. This is important because most of us have impaired digestion as a result of making less-than-optimal food choices over many years. This limits your body's ability to absorb all the nutrients from the vegetables. Juicing will help to "pre-digest" them for you, so you will receive most of the nutrition, rather than having it go down the toilet.
- Juicing allows you to consume a healthier amount of vegetables in an efficient manner. Virtually every health authority recommends that we get six to eight servings of vegetables and fruits per day and very few of us actually get that. Juicing is an easy way to virtually guarantee that you will reach your daily target for vegetables. This is especially important for those with compromised guts and other chronic health imbalances.
- You can add a wider variety of vegetables in your diet.
- Many people eat the same vegetable salads or side dishes every day. This violates the principle of regular food rotation and increases your chance of developing an allergy to a certain food. Plus, it limits the number of different phytochemicals in your diet, as each vegetable will offer unique benefits. With juicing, you can juice a wide variety of vegetables that you may not normally enjoy eating whole
- The important thing to note is that one should be focusing on GREEN juices and not FRUIT juices.
- Adding an apple and/or lemon/lime to your juice and ginger will give the green juice or veggie juice some added flavours. Limes work well for cutting bitter flavours.
The Recipes in these sections: Supportive - Juices, Smoothies, Salads, Teas, and Soups are intended to support the body whilst following one of our Health Programs. We recommend juices on various programs, that are patient specific, and are not as a rule used as a general meal replacement. We do encourage the use of juices, smoothies or soups as a means of gaining 'easily assimilated' nutrients for thos with health challenges. A Whole Food Plant-Based Diet is what we advocate to keep you healthy and even to get you healthy - but juice or liquids-only diets are often a necessity. Please speak to your DBM Physician / Practitioner for more guidance.
Juicing 101 – A Beginners Guide To Juicing and Juicers
A Beginners Guide To Juicing + Juicers. If you have ever wondered about juicing then this Juicing 101 is for you! I cover all the basics about juicing, address why you might want to include juicing into your diet, and help you understand the basics of selecting a juicer.
insert open source video https://youtu.be/6K1eWdhW0_g
We are obliged to notify you that the information on this website is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. Neither the Editors of Doctors Across Borders NPO t/as Doctors Beyond Medicine, the author(s) nor publisher(s) take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading or following the information contained in this information. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider.