Warning: Do NOT undergo any cleansing program before consulting with your DBM Physician or Primary Healthcare Provider, especially if you are pregnant
Are you experiencing fatigue, slow metabolism and digestive problems? Are you struggling with skin problems, allergies, aches and pains? Do you have puffy eyes or bags or dark rings under your eyes? Does mental fog, bloating or menstrual problems challenge you? Your body may be in need of a proper and overall cleansing.
Detoxification is about resting, cleaning and nourishing the body from the inside out. By removing and eliminating toxins and feeding your body with healthy nutrients, detoxifying can help protect you from disease and renew your ability to maintain optimum health.
A detox involves cleaning the blood by removing impurities from the blood in the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. The body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, bowels/intestines, lungs, lymph and skin.
Detoxing may help the body's natural cleansing processes. Support the process by resting the organs through fasting, stimulating the liver to release toxins, promoting elimination through the intestines, kidneys and skin, improving circulation and providing the body with healthy clean nutrients.
Doing a full body detox at least once per year is recommended for good health maintenance.
As a way of life, it is good to reduce the toxin load by eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars and saturated fats. This would of course be the case especially whilst doing a detoxing program. Also, clean up your household cleaners and personal health care products, by selecting more natural alternatives, rather than the chemical based products.
Reduce stress as adrenalin can overload the system and the liver.
It takes the body time to clean the blood. Fasting on liquids for two days, followed by a carefully-planned five-day detox diet to allow the digestive system to rest, is a good approach to reduce the exposure and loading of toxins into the system.
- During the detox, be sure to eat plenty of fibre, including brown rice and organically-grown fresh fruits and vegetables. Beets, radishes, artichokes, cabbage, broccoli and seaweed are excellent detoxifying foods.
- Cleanse and protect the liver by taking herbs such as fennel and sage teas, and drinking green tea.
- Drink at least two liters of water per day (see lemon cleanse & Hydration)
- Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
- Deal with stress by emphasizing the positive in your life.
- Perspiring through exercise or a sauna eliminates a lot of waste and should be part of any cleansing program and lifestyle
- Take a daily dose of IMMUNOClean. For the correct dose, consult your DBM Practitioner or contact us via the contact form on the website.
A full body cleanse (recipes and guidelines are on this site) should be done following a consultation with one of our health care professionals.
Throughout this process, we include the use of IMMUNOClean™ as a vital component towards the success of the cleanse
For more information on Body Cleansing, read the various cleanses in the listing below and/or visit these links:
- Your Body – Stress and the body
- Therapies - Detoxification
We are obliged to notify you that the information on this website is solely for informational purposes. IT IS NOT INTENDED TO PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE. Neither the Editors of Doctors Across Borders NPO t/as Doctors Beyond Medicine, the author(s) nor publisher(s) take responsibility for any possible consequences from any treatment, procedure, exercise, dietary modification, action or application of medication which results from reading or following the information contained in this information. The publication of this information does not constitute the practice of medicine, and this information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider.